At Little Bear’s we understand that every family is unique and we do our best to accommodate each family’s needs. We continually promote building strong relationships with our children and their families. This core value is exemplified every day by our leadership, teachers and staff; we also honor and celebrate our families through special events throughout the year. Additionally, since we are locally owned and operated we have dynamic programs which can adjust to best meet the developmentally appropriate needs of the children currently enrolled.
Our philosophy at Little Bear’s Child Care, Inc. is to provide a safe, nurturing, enjoyable, and interactive learning environment for children ages six weeks to six years old, while also ensuring each child, parent, guardian, and staff member are respected and valued.
At Little Bear’s we believe that children learn best by doing. When you walk into our classrooms you won’t see what is considered “traditional” learning activities, what you will see children engaged in play who are developing important skills that will guide them in any learning environment. Exploration, experimentation, critical thinking, creative expression, spontaneous inquiry, innovation, collaboration, cooperation, and communication. Skills that stay with your children and help prepare them for success throughout their lives.
Our Core Values
Little Bear’s core values are the foundation on which our leadership, teachers, and staff build relationships with each other, our children, parents, guardians, and community.
- Trustworthy: dependable, credible, and providing consistent quality child care.
- Respectful: considerate, polite, and courteous of children, parents, guardians, other child care professionals, visitors, and each other.
- Teamwork: contributing to an environment in which cooperation and collaboration with parents, guardians, other child care professionals, and each other results in a positive productive working relationship.
- Professional: knowledgeable, skilled, and stays abreast of early childhood education competencies, training, and qualification standards. Furthermore, applies these professional traits in the care and instruction provided to each child and to other working relationships.
- Dedicated: commitment to and enthusiastic about our important role in each child’s care and learning.
- Integrity: demonstrates honesty and sincerity towards children, parents, guardians, other child care professionals, visitors, and each other.